It’s almost the weekend Brick Gals (and guys) and I don’t know about you, but it can’t get here soon enough! Why you ask? Well, because this weekend I’ll be supporting my Crossfit Vida peeps at this year’s second annual “Summer Crush Games“!
That’s right! This year we get two days of non-stop action. If you’re into Crossfit, some good old competition, (or just want to check out some hotties), come to the Tropical Park Equestrian Center this weekend any time from 8:30 am to 7pm, to witness some true bad asses in action.
Or if you’re a fatty like me, you’ll just watch and hit up the Food Trucks and do some shopping (hey, at least I’m honest) from TOP vendors like Trunx Life, Formulx, Reebok, Rogue Fitness and 3-2-1 Apparel, just to name a few!
This year the Summer Crush Team went all out! They’re even bringing in some of the TOP athletes from across the country such as: Brandon Phillips, Irving Hernandez, Kenneth Leverich, Noah Olsen, Cheryl Nasso and Lauren Brooks are among the well known CrossFit “elite” that will be participating in this year’s Summer Crush Games.
Admission is $15 for the weekend pass, $10 one-day pass (Cheaper than going to the movies folks)!
Here’s the official info- see you all there!
SUMMER CRUSH GAMES BRINGS CROSSFIT’S ELITE TO SOUTH FLORIDA
Summer Crush Games, the south east region’s largest fitness competition returns to Miami. The event will gather over 522 of the nation’s top athletes in a two-day-long battle, testing their physical and mental toughness. A growing phenomenon, CrossFit has seen an enormous increase throughout the world, but specifically in South Florida, with athletes who are anxious and ready to take their strength and endurance to the next level.
“This year’s Summer Crush Games is primed to be the biggest event to hit South Florida’s fitness community. Last year’s event was a huge success, and in our second year, we have doubled in size, bringing our athletes a diverse completion, with challenging events meant to test their mental and physical capabilities,” said Mike Osuna, Summer Crush Games founder, and owner of five local CrossFit locations including I Am Crossit in Doral, CrossFit South Miami, Coconut Grove CrossFit, CrossFit Vida Brickell and CrossFit Gables.
Renowned CrossFit competitors such as Brandon Phillips, Irving Hernandez, Kenneth Leverich, Noah Olsen, Cheryl Nasso and Lauren Brooks are among the well known CrossFit “elite” that will be participating in this year’s Summer Crush Games.
The two day event will have something for everyone including competing athletes, spectators and fans alike! There’s fun for the whole family! The following is a list of activities:
· Mark Sisson, former elite runner-triathlete, author of The Primal Blueprint and blogger at MarksDailyApple.com will be on hand to meet and greet fans.
· Miami Dolphins organization powered by Dolphins Cycling Challenge will be on hand providing fun and entertainment.
· Miami Dolphin Cheerleaders and former players will be on hand to sign autographs and pose for pictures with fans.
· Family Fun Zone, where kids can enjoy activities such as bounce houses and carnival rides.
· Five different event areas including food, music, a Live DJ, family fun zone with bounce houses and Miami Dolphin games, and the Miami Food Trucks will be on hand.
· Raffles and prizes for fans, which will also have a chance to participate in interactive spectator challenges and games.
Summer Crush Games will consist of multiple divisions with non-stop action, featuring over 5 different event stages for athletes that will compete simultaneously throughout the day. WODs (also known as Workout of the Day) will be fast, heats will move quickly and athletes will have enough recovery time in between each WOD. The goal is to cater to our athletes, provide a fun, exciting experience for spectators and demonstrate the spirit of competition.
The competition breakdown will work like this:
· Scaled divisions will consist of 60 males and 60 females.
· Rx divisions will consist of 60 males and 60 females.
· Masters division (4o and over) will consist of 15 males and 15 females.
· Teams will have two divisions this year, Male Division and Female Division.
· Male Division will consist of 45 teams. A male team will consist of three males.
· Female Division will consist of 45 teams. A female team will consist of three females.
· 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded to top male teams.
· 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded to top female teams.
In addition, this year’s Summer Crush Games will add a new category for the “Fittest Box” Award. -A boxes best male team and best female team final ranks will be added. The BOX with the top cumulative score will be named “The Fittest BOX”.
Athletes will score goodie bags filled with the latest products from Summer Crush Games sponsors which include: Formulx, Reebok, Rogue Fitness, Trunx, Redbelt Digital, U Rawk Energy Bars, Strength Wraps, 3-2-1 Apparel, AMRAP.com, Crossfit Football, X Training Equipment, Fashletics, Rigor Gear, Keep Me Posted, Phenom, Plush, Rok Fit, Top Secret, Redefine Fit, Maverick Athletic Company, Primal Blueprint, Specialized Fitness Resources, MD Ageless Solutions, PRwraps.com, Florida Panthers, Chrycy Eye Group, Sole Runners, Cobra RX, The Primal Plan, Miami Dolphins Cycling Challenge, 2pood Apparel, Kill Cliff Recovery Drink, LA Sports Nutrition, Optimum Performance Training, University of Miami Life Alliance, X Fit Apparel, The Soak rapid Muscle Recovery, Shell Lumber & Hardware.
CrossFit is the principal strength and conditioning program for many police academies and tactical operations teams, military special operations units and hundreds of other elite and professional athletes worldwide. With over 2,500 affiliated gyms throughout the world, CrossFit’s mission is to fuel a revolution in fitness with a constantly varied, intense, functional exercise program looking to develop the most complete well-rounded athletes out of its followers. For more information, visit www.summercrushgames.com