Happy Thanksgiving BrickGals & BrickGuys! Hope all is swell and that everyone is getting ready for some good grub and games!
I’ve been a bit MIA for the past week (and I won’t return to regular postings until our next Hump Day Treat) as I’ve been taking a much needed vacation out of the hood. This BrickGal took over Riviera Nayarit, Mexico last weekend and New York City earlier this week, is kicking back in Wilmington, Delaware today, then heading to Western Massachusetts on Friday for a college bestie’s wedding and finally on to Boston early next week. Whirlwind, and for that I’m thankful.
I’ve made it a habit to not talk about myself in BrickGals, except of course the occasional jab at an ex-bf, but, today, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am going to include some of my family’s excentric personalities (I won’t tell you which ones they are) in a recap of the top 10 types of people who you would not (or would depending on how much entertainment you are trying to get after) want to invite to your Thanksgiving feast. So let’s get this party started…
10. Anyone over the height of 6’5 (which is still kind of pushing it). Unless, that is, you’ve got two and seat them directly across from each other so you can secretly watch them figit throughout the whole meal while trying to avoid bumping each others’ knees… no homo.
9. A random seven-year old kid who only got the invite cause his mom is boinking some dude already invited. Why would anyone want to subject this young child to the dysfunction that is about to ensue. More importantly, what the hell is this f***** gonna contribute to the convo?
8. An Indian (feather not dot). You know those guys are still pissed about Plymouth Rock. One wrong glance and you could catch yourself without a scalp.
7. Taylor Swift. That chick is so damn annoying that even her crimpy hair is starting to get to me. No one wants any long blond locks in the mashed potatoes.
6. Overbearing Sister. Jesus, we get that you are basically God’s version of Mary that he has specifically bestowed upon on our family. I wouldn’t think that we are related except come to find out she was awarded a glorified drinking queen trophy by the Wine Club at her Business School. DNA, check.
5. An Ex You Don’t Want to Have Futher Relations With. Inevitably after boozing all day, the horny gene is going to take over and more than likely you’re going to take the first piece you get. There’s a reason you broke up. Don’t do it.
4. A Bulimic. You know that chick is going to be in the bathroom when you most need it. Move it lady, put up or shut up.
3. Tim Tebow. If that bitch gets down on one knee to thank God after every dish brought to the table, shit’s gonna get cold. No bueno.
2. PETA. Anyone know how to hunt a tofurkey? No? Oh ok thanks.
1. Patty Stanger. This Millionaire Matchmaker may bestow a two drink maximum on her dates but f*** if you’re normal that shit ain’t gonna fly at this luau.
And the number 1 person you want to invite: A Drunk. You will always have an excuse for refilling your glass when you tell the drink nazis that “XX has had more than me!”
Did I miss anyone? Who else shouldn’t you invite to the soiree?
Happy Thanksgiving Fools. Love ya.